This corona policy explains how Ashtanga Yoga Eindhoven deals with the guidelines by the RIVM on social distancing and hygiene. If you cannot abide by the rules in this policy, access to the Shala will not be possible.
What you can expect from Ashtanga Yoga Eindhoven
- Only when the teacher has no cough, cold or fever he or she will teach. When both our teachers cannot teach, the class will be canceled.
- Teachers will wash their hands before entering the Shala and regular during the classes.
- After the class the full floor will be cleaned.
- Hall toilets will be cleaned daily.
- All door knobs will be cleaned regular, at least daily.
- There will be only the teachers. That means no assistants.
- Guidance as indicated by the student using the guidance cards.
- The teacher will follow the green and yellow arrows (as indicated on the floorplan) to move around the Shala as much as possible.
- Students and teacher shall not touch except when the touch is related to guidance. That means also not saying hello or goodbye with hugs.
- The ventilation system will be on during and after class.
- The windows will be open during and after class for extra ventilation.
- An air purifier is installed to clean the air.
What we expect from our students
- Students that tested positive on Corona virus (and are not yet recovered) or have done a Corona test and are waiting for the results, shall not come to the Shala.
- Students where a family member (from the same household) is tested positive for Corona shall not come to class.
- Students that have a cough, a cold or fever shall not come to the Shala.
- Students will wash their hands before entering the Shala. Hand-sanitiser will be available.
- After your practice you shall clean your spot. Paper and detergent is available in the room.
- You can bring your own bottle of water. Drinking water during the practice is not recommended.
- Student shall arrive not earlier than 10 minutes before their time-slot.
- Students shall follow the green signs to enter the building and the Shala and the orange signs to exit the building and the Shala. Most of the route is one-way. Where the route is crossing, please keep left (signs will indicate the crossing). Make sure you wear a face-mask.
- Shoes shall be left outside of the Shala, on the right side of the first door so you can easily pick them up on your way out.
- Students can put their belongings in side the shower/tea room. Only 3 persons at the time, and keep 1.5 meter distance. Please make sure your phone is completely switched off or in flight modus.
- Please chose a free spot furthest away from the door (Shala should fill up from window-side to door-side). Follow the green arrows (as indicated on the floorplan). Keep your distance from filled yoga places.
- Students shall not touch each other. That means also not assisting each other or saying hello or goodbye with hugs (the latter also holds for teachers).
- Students shall keep their spot for the entire class. You are allowed to remove the face-mask during your practice.
- When leaving the Shala follow the orange arrows (as indicated on the floorplan). Also wear the face-mask after your practice until you left the building.
Movement through the buildings
We changed the way we move through the building to one-way as much as possible. The normal entrance to the building will now be the exit-door. We will use the main entrance of the building to enter it. The green arrows in below building floor plan indicate the path to get into the Shala. The orange arrows indicate the path from the Shala to the exit door.
In the hallway we have a small spot (red circle) where the 1.5 meter can only be guaranteed if there is only 1 person in that area. In the hallway we ask you to keep left as much as possible. Signs will indicate this. The first door to the Shala is the entrance door. The second door to the Shala is the exit door.
Shala floorplan and hallway
Inside the Shala you are asked to move as the green (way IN) and yellow(way OUT) arrows indicate. The walking area is indicated with a green or yellow “W” on the wall.
The yoga spots are at every crossing of a letter (top of the picture) and a number (right side of the picture). A2 and A3 are also again available. Make sure you keep distance when walking inside the Shala.
The tea area and changing room are available to students. Only 3 persons at a time and keep the 1.5 meter distance. The shower is closed until further notice.
There will be 3 types of guidance cards. Students can pick either “No Physical guidance”, “Limited guidance” or “Normal guidance”.
The only difference between “Normal guidance” and “Limited guidance” is assistance in back-bending. So only pick “Normal guidance” if you need assistance in your back-bending. During back-bending the teacher will use a face mask.
This policy is meant to be in line with the guidelines of the RIVM. If you have doubts, please inform us via our contact form.