The Shala will reopen at the 19th of April. See the home page for more details.
Ashtanga yoga is given in traditional Mysore style .
On Moondays there are no classes.
Due to the guidelines on hygiene and social distancing as given by the RIVM we have fixed timeslots. Every student is assigned a timeslot. If you are not a student yet, please contact us and we will assign you a timeslot.
Note: New beginner students best arrive after 8:00am.
Also on Friday there will be mysore class since led-classes cannot be given due to government regulations.
Monday to Friday
Doors open 5:45am
Opening prayer 6:20am
Timeslot 1: 5:45am-7:15am (last arrival at 6:15am) (Nick & Katia)
Timeslot 2: 7:15am-9:00am (Nick & Katia)
Timeslot 3: 9:00am-11:00am (Nick & Katia)
On Saturday there are no classes.
Normally we had one class at 8:00am on Sunday. We had to replace it with two timeslots to have room for all students since we only have 20 spots available.
Students from Timeslot 1: 7:15am-9:00am (Nick & Katia)
Students from Timeslot 2 and 3: 9:00am-11:00am (Nick & Katia)
At Ashtanga Yoga Eindhoven we have the following classes.
Students practice independently and at their own pace while surrounded by the energy and inspiration of other students in the room.
The teacher works with each student individually.
Students are taught a sequence of postures. Each posture is thought by one-on-one instruction. The sequence is build up gradually and the student memorises the sequence.
The whole class follows the instructions given by the teacher. The serie is either full primary or half primary.
Moon days in 2021
Wednesday the 13th of January, new moon
Thursday the 28th of January, full moon
Thursday 11th of February, new moon
Saturday 27th of February, full moon
Saturday 13th of March, new moon
Sunday 28th of March, full moon
Monday 12th of April, new moon
Tuesday 27th of April, full moon
Tuesday 11th of May, new moon
Wednesday 26th of May, full moon
Thursday 10th of June, new moon
Thursday 24th of June, full moon
Saturday 10th of July, new moon
Saturday 24th of July, full moon
Sunday 8th of August, new moon
Sunday 22nd of August, full moon
Tuesday 7th of September, new moon
Monday 20th of September, full moon
Wednesday 6th of October, new moon
Wednesday 20th of October, full moon
Thursday 4th of November, new moon
Friday 19th of November, full moon
Saturday 4th of December, new moon
Sunday 19th of December, full moon
- When the teacher is not present in the Shala at the beginning of class, students may not enter the Shala.
- No drinking and eating in all rooms, with exception of the canteen.
- No smoking in the building.
- No shoes in the Shala.
- Bring belongings and valuables with you inside the classroom.
- Keep the spoken communication to a minimum. As a general rule; don’t speak unless spoken too.
- When attending a yoga class make sure you are clean and fresh. Use unscented deodorant when needed. Do not use lotions, moisturisers or oils since this makes the skin slippery making it difficult to adjust safely.
- Wear comfortable clean clothes, in which you can move easily.
- We do not supply yoga mats or blankets to students. You have to bring your own. Make sure the yoga mat, rug and towel are clean and odor free.
- It is advised not to eat later than two hours before class and 30 minutes after practice.
- Please communicate any injuries or illnesses to the teacher.
- Ashtanga yoga uses ‘hands on’ therapeutic adjustments. The student can express at any time if they would prefer not to receive an adjustment and their wishes will always be respected. Be aware these adjustments are part of the nature of teaching Mysore-style ashtanga. Without these adjustments progress in your practice might me less.
Make sure to read the code of conduct section in the Terms And Conditions.