The Shala is closed due to the corona virus COVID-19. See the home page for more details.
Ashtanga yoga is given in traditional Mysore style .
Once a week there is a led class on Friday.
On Moondays there are no lessons.
Note: New beginner students best arrive after 7:30 am.
Monday to Thursday
Doors open 5:45am
Opening prayer 6:20am
6:00am-8:00am (Nick & Katia)
Led class – full primary
On Saturday there are no classes.
8:00am-10:00am (Nick & Katia)
At Ashtanga Yoga Eindhoven we have the following classes.
Students practice independently and at their own pace while surrounded by the energy and inspiration of other students in the room.
The teacher works with each student individually.
Students are taught a sequence of postures. Each posture is thought by one-on-one instruction. The sequence is build up gradually and the student memorises the sequence.
The whole class follows the instructions given by the teacher. The serie is either full primary or half primary.
Moondays in 2020
Friday the 10th of January, full moon
Friday the 24th of January, new moon
Sunday the 9th of February, full moon
Sunday the 23rd of February, new moon
Monday the 9th of March, full moon
Tuesday the 24th of March, new moon
Wednesday the 8th of April, full moon
Thursday the 23rd of April, new moon
Thursday the 7th of May, full moon
Friday the 22nd of May, new moon
Friday the 5th of June, full moon
Sunday the 21st of June, new moon
Sunday the 5th of July, full moon
Monday the 20th of July, new moon
Monday the 3rd of August, full moon
Wednesday the 19th of August, new moon
Wednesday the 2nd of September, full moon
Friday the 17th of September, new moon
Thursday the 1st of October, full moon
Friday the 16th of October, new moon
Saturday the 31st of October, full moon
Sunday the 15th of November, new moon
Monday the 30th of November, full moon
Monday the 14th of December, new moon
Wednesday the 30th of December, full moon
- When the teacher is not present in the Shala at the beginning of class, students may not enter the Shala.
- No drinking and eating in all rooms, with exception of the canteen.
- No smoking in the building.
- No shoes in the Shala.
- Bring belongings and valuables with you inside the classroom.
- Keep the spoken communication to a minimum. As a general rule; don’t speak unless spoken too.
- When attending a yoga class make sure you are clean and fresh. Use unscented deodorant when needed. Do not use lotions, moisturisers or oils since this makes the skin slippery making it difficult to adjust safely.
- Wear comfortable clean clothes, in which you can move easily.
- We do not supply yoga mats or blankets to students. You have to bring your own. Make sure the yoga mat, rug and towel are clean and odor free.
- It is advised not to eat later than two hours before class and 30 minutes after practice.
- Please communicate any injuries or illnesses to the teacher.
- Ashtanga yoga uses ‘hands on’ therapeutic adjustments. The student can express at any time if they would prefer not to receive an adjustment and their wishes will always be respected. Be aware these adjustments are part of the nature of teaching Mysore-style ashtanga. Without these adjustments progress in your practice might me less.
Make sure to read the code of conduct section in the Terms And Conditions.