From Tuesday 1st of September we re-introduce the timeslots since attendance is getting higher after the holiday period.
Also from the 1st of September we reopened the changing rooms to free up the two spots in the Shala that where being used to store your belongings. For safety reasons only 3 persons in the changing rooms at one time (Shower area and tea room), please maintain 1.5 meter distance. We kindly request the rooms are not used for socialising and keep the time you spend in the rooms to a minimum. You may store your yoga mats and belongings in the changing rooms once again for your convenience.
Showers are still available in limited capacity. Please inform us if you need to use the shower so we can schedule shower use to comply with the social distancing recommendations.
We will maintain the rest of the measures including the 20 person limit, the guidance cards, as well as cleaning your spot once you have completed your practice.
Ashtanga yoga is given in traditional Mysore style .
Once a week there is a led class on Friday.
On Moondays there are no lessons.
Due to the guidelines on hygiene and social distancing as given by the RIVM we have fixed timeslots. Every student is assigned a timeslot. If you are not a student yet, please contact us and we will assign you a timeslot.
Note: New beginner students best arrive after 9:00am.
Monday to Thursday
Doors open 5:45am
Opening prayer 6:20am
Timeslot 1: 5:45am-7:15am (last arrival at 6:15am) (Nick & Katia)
Timeslot 2: 7:15am-9:00am (Nick & Katia)
Timeslot 3: 9:00am-11:00am (Nick & Katia)
Led class – full primary
All students independent of their scheduled timeslot can follow the led-class. We have 20 spots, but normally there are less than 20 students in the led-class.
6:00am-8:00am (Nick & Katia)
Students from Timeslot 2 and 3 can come this class. We have 20 spots, but normally there are less than 20 students for this timeslot.
9:00am-11:00am (Nick & Katia)
On Saturday there are no classes.
Normally we had one class at 8:00am on Sunday. We had to replace it with two timeslots to have room for all students since we only have 20 spots available.
Students from Timeslot 1: 7:15am-9:00am (Nick & Katia)
Students from Timeslot 2 and 3: 9:00am-11:00am (Nick & Katia)
At Ashtanga Yoga Eindhoven we have the following classes.
Students practice independently and at their own pace while surrounded by the energy and inspiration of other students in the room.
The teacher works with each student individually.
Students are taught a sequence of postures. Each posture is thought by one-on-one instruction. The sequence is build up gradually and the student memorises the sequence.
The whole class follows the instructions given by the teacher. The serie is either full primary or half primary.
Moondays in 2020
Friday the 10th of January, full moon
Friday the 24th of January, new moon
Sunday the 9th of February, full moon
Sunday the 23rd of February, new moon
Monday the 9th of March, full moon
Tuesday the 24th of March, new moon
Wednesday the 8th of April, full moon
Thursday the 23rd of April, new moon
Thursday the 7th of May, full moon
Friday the 22nd of May, new moon
Friday the 5th of June, full moon
Sunday the 21st of June, new moon
Sunday the 5th of July, full moon
Monday the 20th of July, new moon
Monday the 3rd of August, full moon
Wednesday the 19th of August, new moon
Wednesday the 2nd of September, full moon
Thursday the 16th of September, new moon
Thursday the 1st of October, full moon
Friday the 16th of October, new moon
Saturday the 31st of October, full moon
Sunday the 15th of November, new moon
Monday the 30th of November, full moon
Monday the 14th of December, new moon
Wednesday the 30th of December, full moon
- When the teacher is not present in the Shala at the beginning of class, students may not enter the Shala.
- No drinking and eating in all rooms, with exception of the canteen.
- No smoking in the building.
- No shoes in the Shala.
- Bring belongings and valuables with you inside the classroom.
- Keep the spoken communication to a minimum. As a general rule; don’t speak unless spoken too.
- When attending a yoga class make sure you are clean and fresh. Use unscented deodorant when needed. Do not use lotions, moisturisers or oils since this makes the skin slippery making it difficult to adjust safely.
- Wear comfortable clean clothes, in which you can move easily.
- We do not supply yoga mats or blankets to students. You have to bring your own. Make sure the yoga mat, rug and towel are clean and odor free.
- It is advised not to eat later than two hours before class and 30 minutes after practice.
- Please communicate any injuries or illnesses to the teacher.
- Ashtanga yoga uses ‘hands on’ therapeutic adjustments. The student can express at any time if they would prefer not to receive an adjustment and their wishes will always be respected. Be aware these adjustments are part of the nature of teaching Mysore-style ashtanga. Without these adjustments progress in your practice might me less.
Make sure to read the code of conduct section in the Terms And Conditions.