Ashtanga yoga is taught in the traditional Mysore style .
Once a week there is a led class on Friday.
On Moondays there are no lessons.
Note: New beginner students should arrive after 7:30 am.
Monday to Thursday
Doors open 5:45am
Opening prayer 6:20am
6:00am-8:00am (Nick & Katia)
Led class – full primary
On Saturday there are no classes.
8:00am-10:00am (Nick & Katia)
At Ashtanga Yoga Eindhoven we have the following classes.
Students practice independently and at their own pace while surrounded by the energy and inspiration of other students in the room.
The teacher works with each student individually.
Students are taught a sequence of postures. Each posture is taught by one-on-one instruction. The sequence is build up gradually and the student memorises the sequence.
The whole class follows the traditional Sanskrit count of the Ashtanga primary series, and refines their practice by synchronising each movement with each breath. This class is for students who already have a steady Mysore practice and want to progress to a greater level of proficiency. When the student reaches the last asana they were taught in the Mysore class, they take their mat to the back of the room and begin the finishing sequence.
New moon: 2 Jan 2022
Full moon: 18 Jan 2022
New moon: 1 Feb 2022
Full moon: 16 Feb 2022
New moon: 2 Mar 2022
Full moon: 18 Mar 2022
New moon: 1 Apr 2022
Full moon: 16 Apr 2022
New moon: 30 Apr 2022
Full moon: 16 May 2022
New moon: 30 May 2022
Full moon: 14 Jun 2022
New moon: 29 Jun 2022
Full moon: 13 Jul 2022
New moon: 28 Jul 2022
Full moon: 12 Aug 2022
New moon: 27 Aug 2022
Full moon: 10 Sep 2022
New moon: 25 Sep 2022
Full moon: 9 Oct 2022
New moon: 25 Oct 2022
Full moon: 8 Nov 2022
New moon: 23 Nov 2022
Full Moon: 8 Dec 2022
New Moon : 23 Dec 2022
- When the teacher is not present in the Shala at the beginning of class, students may not enter the Shala.
- No drinking and eating in all rooms, with exception of the canteen.
- No smoking in the building.
- No shoes in the Shala.
- Bring belongings and valuables with you inside the classroom.
- Keep the spoken communication to a minimum. As a general rule; don’t speak unless spoken too.
- When attending a yoga class make sure you are clean and fresh. Use unscented deodorant when needed. Do not use lotions, moisturisers or oils since this makes the skin slippery making it difficult to adjust safely.
- Wear comfortable clean clothes, in which you can move easily.
- We do not supply yoga mats or blankets to students. You have to bring your own. Make sure the yoga mat, rug and towel are clean and odor free.
- It is advised not to eat later than two hours before class and 30 minutes after practice.
- Please communicate any injuries or illnesses to the teacher.
- Ashtanga yoga uses ‘hands on’ therapeutic adjustments. The student can express at any time if they would prefer not to receive an adjustment and their wishes will always be respected. Be aware these adjustments are part of the nature of teaching Mysore-style ashtanga. Without these adjustments progress in your practice might me less.
Make sure to read the code of conduct section in the Terms And Conditions.